Santa Clarita Car Accident Attorney
Caring Representation in SCV from a Skilled Legal Team
Car accidents are among the leading causes of death and injury in the United States of America. If you’ve been involved in a car accident, it’s important that you know what to do. Getting a Santa Clarita car accident attorney involved in your case as soon as possible helps tremendously with the recovery process.
The Law Office of Robert J. Kaiser can be instrumental in ensuring that your rights are upheld and that you obtain the maximum compensation for your case. With more than 20 years of experience, our skilled attorney and team of legal professionals can aggressively advocate on your behalf. Focus on recovery while we take care of the legal details!
Some statistics about car accidents in Santa Clarita:
- Seven of California's most dangerous intersections are located in SCV
- 44 fatal car accidents were recorded in Santa Clarita from 2013 - 2017
- 34% of fatal car accidents in Santa Clarita from 2013 - 2017 involved a drunk driver
- 15 pedestrians were involved in fatal accidents in Santa Clarita from 2013 - 2017
Begin a free case evaluation with our SCV auto accident firm today! Call (661) 441-3446 to get started.
What to Do After a Car Accident
If you have been involved in a car accident, be sure to do the following:
- Stop and render aid to any injured parties - never flee the scene!
- Call for an ambulance if anyone is seriously injured.
- Call the police and report the crash.
- Take detailed photographs of all vehicle damage, injuries, and road conditions.
- Exchange names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, insurance policy information, and license plate numbers with all involved drivers.
- Tell the police your version of the events and do not admit fault.
- See a doctor as soon as possible after the crash, even if you feel fine.
- Inform your insurance company of the crash promptly after the collision.
- Contact an attorney and explore your legal options.
Causes of Auto Accidents
The causes of car accidents are as unique as the people that are involved. Whether you were hit by a drunk driver or experienced an accident due to poor roadway design, our firm can capably represent your rights.
Car accidents are commonly caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Drunk driving
- Defective vehicle manufacturing
- Poor road conditions
- Running red lights or stop signs
- Driver fatigue
- And more
Car accidents can result in serious, even catastrophic injuries. It takes a skilled legal team to recover compensation that will cover your bills and expenses, setting you on the road to recovery and a secure financial future.
Car Accident Statute of Limitations in California
California law places different deadlines on the amount of time a car accident victim has to file a civil claim for damages. The statute of limitations for personal injury claims related to car accidents in California is two-years, while property damage claims must be filed within three years. This "clock" begins on the date of your collision. For cases involving wrongful death, this clock begins on the date of the person's death, if it is different from the date of the accident.
If the statute of limitations expires, you may lose your right to seek compensation for your injuries. Since memories can fade and evidence can be lost as time passes, it is important to act quickly after a crash to adhere to all applicable deadlines and maximize your chances of recovery.
Comparative Negligence Laws in California
Injured parties in California may still collect damages even if they are found to be 99% at fault for the crash. With that being said, their eligible compensation will be reduced according to their proportion of fault. This is known as "pure comparative negligence." For example, if you suffered $10,000 worth of damages in a crash but are found to be 40% at fault, you will only be able to recover $6,000 (or $10,000 less 40%).
Insurance companies are intimately familiar with these rules and will use this knowledge to minimize the amount of money they will have to pay after a crash. An attorney that understands how comparative negligence laws works can ensure you are not unfairly blamed for the crash and help you seek every penny of your entitled compensation.
Call (661) 441-3446 to Speak with a Santa Clarita Car Accident Lawyer!
After an accident, you need representation from someone who will take your needs and circumstances seriously. The team at the Law Office of Robert J. Kaiser can do just that. We don’t believe in one-size-fits-all cases or in distant representation. We provide you with the individualized support you need to get the results you deserve.
Hear From People We've Helped
Contact us today to begin your journey to just compensation!