After an accident, simple actions can make the difference between having to settle for a small recovery and effectively pursuing maximum compensation in your case. At the Law Office of Robert J. Kaiser, we strive to help our clients by providing them with the information they need to achieve success. We are able to handle a wide variety of personal injury cases, under the guidance of our skilled founding attorney, Robert J. Kaiser, an attorney with more than two decades of experience.
Learn more by contacting the Law Office of Robert J. Kaiser today! Our firm offers free initial consultations.
What to Do after an Accident
By taking certain steps after you’ve been injured in an accident, you greatly increase your chances of obtaining maximum compensation.
If you have experienced an injury in an accident, take these steps:
- Get medical attention immediately.
- Contact a personal injury lawyer as soon as possible.
- Don’t give any written or taped statements to insurance companies.
- Write out the details of your accident and give it to your attorney only.
- Get doctor’s notes for all necessary time taken off from work due to your injuries.
- Save all physical evidence related to your case, don’t tamper with it.
- Record all the contact information of witnesses/other involved parties.
- Take photos of property damage, injuries, accident scene, and other pertinent details.
- Ask your employer to document any wages lost due to your injuries.
- Don’t sign medical authorizations or releases without attorney approval.
- Provide your doctor with detailed injury information.
In addition, keep gaps of time between medical appointments short. Otherwise, the insurance companies will likely try to argue that treatment after a long break in between appointments was not related to your accident injuries.
Call (661) 441-3446 today to begin a free case evaluation with a skilled lawyer from the Law Office of Robert J. Kaiser!