Santa Clarita Truck Accident Lawyer
Aggressive Advocacy for the Severely Injured In Santa Clarita
Truck accidents often result in catastrophic injuries. Due to the disparity in size and weight between a passenger vehicle and an 18-wheeler or other truck, victims of these accidents can experience life-changing injuries or in the worst cases, wrongful death.
At the Law Office of Robert J. Kaiser, we passionately pursue compensation on behalf of those who have been injured in a truck accident. In most cases, trucking companies put up a vicious fight against anyone looking to file a claim against them. With more than 20 years of experience and the resources of a skilled legal team, our founding attorney, Robert Kaiser, can effectively pursue justice.
Learn more about your legal options by calling us at (661) 441-3446 today.
Commercial Truck Regulations
Most drivers are nervous driving around semi-trucks for good reason. They weigh a considerable amount and are capable of causing catastrophic damage in the event of an accident. Because of this truck drivers are heavily regulated by the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA). The FMCSA has outlined many rules the trucking industry must follow, one of these important regulations is called the hours of service regulations. This rule states:
- Truck drivers are allowed to work up to 14 hours a day, however, in those 14 hours, only 11 hours can be used for driving. The remaining hours must be spent on meals or rest breaks.
- After a 14-hour workday is over, truckers must rest for at least 10 hours consecutive
- Truckers must also take days off work at regular intervals. The FMCSA states that these days off are dependent on the hours of the trucking company. If a trucking company is open seven days a week a driver is only allowed to work 70 hours in an eight-day period before taking at least 34 consecutive hours off. If a trucking company is open less than seven days a week then a driver is only allowed to work 60 hours in a seven-day period before taking 34 hours off.
All too often truck drivers are caught breaking these rules, often because the company they work for pressures them to do so. Trucking companies often save money by having their truck drivers arrive at a destination as quickly as possible, it however also means tired drivers on the road. In some circumstances, the hours of service regulations are modified by the FMCSA in times of national emergency, in order to help get supplies where they need to go faster, such as in the recent COVID-19 crisis.
Who is Liable After a Truck Accident?
Determining liability in a truck accident can be complicated as there are many possible parties who can be held accountable after a truck accident, in some cases multiple parties can be found responsible. The trucking company a driver works for is most often found liable for an accident. While there are several reasons for this, the main one is the fact that all too often companies are caught encouraging their drivers to break trucking rules and regulations in order to help save their company money.
A truck driver can be liable if their negligence led to the accident, such as driving under the influence. It’s also possible for the driver to be held accountable if they own the truck that caused the accident. If the accident was caused by a defective part, then it’s possible for the truck manufacturer to be held responsible.
Whatever the cause of your accident, our attorneys have the knowledge and skill to properly investigate your accident case in order to hold the correct parties accountable. Our firm is ready to fight for you, contact us today to learn more!
Why Do I Need A Truck Accident Lawyer?
Recovering the compensation you deserve after a truck accident can be difficult if you do not have an experienced truck accident attorney on your side. Trucking companies are usually backed by top-tier law firms who are hired to protect their company, and in turn, keep you from recovering compensation. The attorneys at the Law Office of Robert J. Kaiser are experienced in handling truck accident claims and are ready to fight on your behalf. Contact us today to learn more.
Truck Accident Causes
Truck accidents can be caused by a number of things, and therefore a number of people or companies could potentially be held liable for the injuries caused in an accident. Our skilled Santa Clarita truck accident legal team will meticulously investigate your case to determine who can be held responsible.
Truck accidents are commonly caused by the following:
- Drowsy Driving
- Distracted Driving
- Drunk Driving
- Insufficient Driver Training
- Inadequate Vehicle Maintenance
- Defective Truck Parts
Many truckers are motivated to cut corners and alter their log books due to the strict deadlines and high quotas they are encouraged to hit. Unfortunately, this often comes at the expense of others’ safety.
How Can A Truck Accident Lawyer In Santa Clarita Help Me?
Your truck accident lawyer can help you in the following ways:
- Investigating the accident - A truck accident lawyer will thoroughly investigate the details of your accident, including collecting evidence and witness testimonies.
- Proving negligence - Your attorney will work to prove that the truck driver or trucking company was negligent in causing the accident.
- Negotiating with insurance companies - Your lawyer will handle any communication and negotiations with insurance companies on your behalf.
- Filing a lawsuit - If necessary, your truck accident attorney will file a lawsuit on your behalf and represent you in court.
- Calculating damages - Your lawyer will work to determine all of the damages you have suffered as a result of the accident, including any medical expenses, lost wages, and pain and suffering.
- Maximizing your settlement - Your attorney will fight for maximum compensation for your injuries and damages.
Remember, a truck accident lawyer is there to advocate for you and protect your rights. Don't hesitate to reach out to our experienced attorneys in Santa Clarita if you have been injured in a truck accident.
Pursue Compensation with an Award-Winning Santa Clarita Truck Accident Lawyer!
Our firm relishes the opportunity to aggressively advocate on behalf of our clients. We are passionate about keeping Santa Clarita and the families who live here safe. One of the ways we can ensure this is by pursuing justice for those who put others in danger. Let us take care of your legal details while you focus on recovery!
Contact the Law Office of Robert J. Kaiser for a free case evaluation!