Safe Driving Practices & What to Do Following an Accident
Recently, there has been a drastic increase in the number of car accidents in Santa Clarita Valley, including big rig collisions as well as numerous tragic fatalities. This disheartening occurrence endangers the lives of all on the road, which is why it is essential every driver follow various safety tips while behind the wheel. In doing so, not only will you protect yourself, you will protect the lives of all others whom you share the road with.
Some tips for safe driving include paying full attention to the road, as it is easy to be distracted by a number of things, such as electronic devises. Multi-tasking is incredibly hazardous, and should never take place. Make sure you don’t eat, drink, or talk too much during your drive, as these things may take your attention away from the task at hand, whether you realize it or not. It is also important you remain aware in case your fellow driver cuts you off, suddenly brakes, or drives recklessly--your preparation is the best protection.
In the event of a car accident, here are a few key steps to immediately take:
- Don’t leave, and call 911 immediately
- Stay inside the car while you wait for the police or ambulance, but make sure to pull to the side
- Don’t get into an argument with the other driver, and refrain from saying sorry--this can be used against you as an admittance of guilt
- Call your insurance provider immediately
- Exchange information with the other people involved
- Record what happened to the best of your ability, as this will be useful to you later
Contact Our Santa Clarita Personal Injury Lawyer Today
At the Law Office of Robert J. Kaiser, we are dedicated to ensuring you are well-taken care of following an injury you suffered from due to no fault of your own. Our Santa Clarita personal injury lawyer, Attorney Kaiser, has seen a wide range of personal injury cases and knows exactly how to handle your case so as to obtain the best possible results. Your only concern is to focus on healing, while we take care of the rest.
Don’t hesitate to contact us at your earliest convenience by calling (661) 441-3446.