7 Tips for Driving at Night
Did you know that nighttime driving is one of the leading causes of accidents? Despite how harmless it may seem to get behind the wheel at dark, the truth of the matter is that countless accidents and injuries can take place once the sun goes down. This may be even harder to believe since the majority of vehicles are on the road during the daytime. However, driving at night can have a seriously adverse effect on your driving ability. Not only does your vision and depth perception become severely limited in the nighttime, but you also may suffer from worsened peripheral vision as well as temporary blindness from another driver’s glaring headlights. Therefore, all motorists should take significant precautions when driving at night no matter how experienced, alert, or prepared you may personally feel.
Thankfully, many nighttime accidents and fatalities can be prevented by considering these tips:
- Get plenty of rest. The most preventative measure you can take is to get adequate sleep the night before you are getting on the road.
- Take a break if necessary. If you find yourself getting fatigued and unable to focus while behind the wheel, pull over and stretch your legs.
- If you are carpooling, switch drivers intermittently to ensure that everyone gets the rest they need.
- Keep your headlights clean to increase visibility and make sure they are not aimed incorrectly. If an oncoming vehicle’s blinding lights are aimed in your direction, look away.
- Make smart decisions when it comes to pushing yourself. Only you know the limits your body can handle—don’t risk your life or other people’s lives for the sake of pride or stubbornness.
- Maintain a safe distance between other vehicles.
- No matter what, never drink and drive. Most ridesharing apps now offer pooling services, which are less expensive and more convenient than ever. There is no excuse to get behind the wheel after even 1 drink.
Dedicated Legal Team Tirelessly Fighting For Justice For Over 2 Decades
The Law Office of Robert J. Kaiser is led by one of the most focused, innovative, and detail-oriented legal advocates you can rely on in your time of need. We are endlessly compassionate for your suffering and refuse to allow negligent or reckless parties to get away with their damaging behavior. Don’t allow yourself to be taken advantage of--our impressive and results-driven car accident attorney will go the distance for you.
To schedule an initial case evaluation with a member of our firm, don’t hesitate to contact us by calling 661.441.3446 at your earliest convenience.